Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rolo Turtles - A Cheater's Christmas


Let me be the first to say - I LOVE SHORTCUTS! If I can spend minimal time making something that is super tasty, and will make my loved ones happy then I am all for it! I read about these "cheater" turtle candies recently and had to try them out (and now share them with you!). 

There are three simple ingredients:
  1. Small shape pretzels ( I used windowpanes, because I had them - but feel free to use any pretzel you have!)
  2. Rolo (caramel/chocolate candies)
  3. Pecan Halves (about 50)
I prefer to use the microwave for these, and do them in small batches, you can also use the oven if that's your thing. If using the microwave, lay out 6-8 pretzels topped with Rolos and microwave for 20-30 seconds depending on the strength of your microwave. Once the Rolo is melted and has a nice shine to it, top each candy with a pecan half. Simple!

I have to admit, I sampled a few of these and they were heavenly! One bag of Rolos makes about 4 dozen candies, so plan accordingly, these will go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment